JetStreamFest Artist Announcement
The JetStream Music Festival, taking place on May 6 at 5 p.m. CST, is an online celebration of music among 23 North American airports. The stream will take place on Facebook Live and will feature performances from musicians representing each city. Each musician will have a virtual tip jar to which viewers can contribute during the stream.
Long-time #LiveAtLove performer Zuriel Merek will be Dallas Love Field Airport’s featured artist. A composer and multi-instrumentalist, Zuriel captivates his audiences with passionate electric violin performances.
He seamlessly integrates a background in classical music with modern technologies and innovative techniques he developed while playing eclectic styles of music with many of the most outstanding bands in DFW’s music scene over the past decade. As a solo artist, Zuriel specializes in live looping—the recording and playback of music in real time using a foot-operated looper pedal—with his freshly reimagined arrangements of contemporary songs
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport will host the livestream from Austin, Texas, “the Live Music Capital of the World.” Austin’s Latin pop songstress, Gina Chavez, will perform and host the event.
The full lineup for the event will be as follows:
- Gina Chavez - Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Don Hicks - Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Eddy Fabrizio Castellanos - Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- Jane Kramer - Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- Chuck Courtenay - Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Lauren Eylise - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
- Kendal Conrad - Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
- Chill Moody - Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Julian Taylor - Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Honey & Blue - John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH)
- Big Blitz - Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Key to Adam - Yeager Airport (CRW)
- Zuriel Merek - Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
- John Hayes - Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- The Honey Vines - Evansville Regional Airport (EVV)
- Robin Barnes - Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Rhythm Kings - Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Leah Leyva - Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ)
- Patrick Contreras - Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
- Tyler F. Simmons - John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Jordan Richard - Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Nico Hueso - San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Tomo Nakayama - Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
The stream will also highlight community organizations and resources in each city.
For more information on the JetStream Music Festival, click here.
Dallas Love Field is the busiest medium-hub airport in the United States and the 2018 and 2019 recipient of the Airport Service Quality Award for North American airports that service 15-25 million passengers per year. In 2019, DAL served nearly 17 million passengers, the most in its history.